My notes from the first session I attended at the Christ Hold Fast Conference in Winter Springs, taken during Preston Sprinkle’s talk on his book “Charis”.
- grace & obedience are friends
- Jesus bled radical grace
- the church is known for the very things Jesus stood against
- we need to redeem the reputation of what Jesus stood for
- the term “grace” has become too overused and generalized
- biblical grace is not just leniency
- unconditional acceptance makes God appear too passive
- He is an aggressive God, pursuing people relentlessly
- the backbone of the Old Testament is grace
Praise God for the opportunity to be there!